How to Adopt or Foster
We like to keep things as simple as possible, but there are still some things that have to be done in order to ensure the best life for our rescues. Click on the tabs below for more information.
Our Adoption ProcessAdoption EligibilityFostering A Rescue
Adopting a dog is like gaining a new family member.
If you are interested in adopting one of our rescues, here is our process
- Fill out an Adoption Application (http://legendsrescue.org/index.php/adopt/forms/)
- We’ll determine eligibility and contact you.
- Have a face-to-face visit
- We will do a home visit
- Verbal agreement of spay/neuter by Legends if necessary within 4-6 months post adoption
- Final paperwork and fees
To be eligible to adopt a rescue from us, you must meet the following requirements:
- No invisible fence in yard; fences must be the appropriate height for the size of the dog
- Live within 60 miles of New Brighton, MN
- Be able to be home enough and appropriately take care of the animal
If you are interested in fostering a rescue, here’s how to get involved:
- Send us a note through our Contact page
- Like us on Facebook
- Complete an application
- follow us on Instagram